On 2018-01-18 11:37 AM, David Gibbs wrote:
... Don't change the command defaults on commands in QSYS!

Dupe the commands to a library, change the defaults on the commands in the library, and put that library on the system library list.

Duping the commands to another library might not always prevent the QSYS command defaults from being changed.

Some of the commands in QSYS are "proxy" commands for commands in other libraries. For example, QSYS/CRTBNDRPG is a proxy for QDEVTOOLS/CRTBNDRPG; QSYS/CRTSQLRPGI is a proxy for QSQL/CRTSQLRPGI.

If you change a proxy command, it actually changes the "real" command, which affects all proxies for the real command. If you copy QSYS/CRTBNDRPG into another library MYLIB, and change the command defaults for MYLIB/CRTBNDRPG, it will actually change the command defaults for QDEVTOOLS/CRTBNDRPG, and that will affect QSYS/CRTBNDRPG, and any other proxies that might exist.

So, if you only want to change command defaults for a particular version of a command, first do a DSPCMD to see if it's a proxy command, and if so, dupe the real command instead of the one in QSYS.