From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim
Oberholtzer
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:54 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Just curious

Yep try to save a couple of bucks by not having 24/7 hardware support so
when 5:00 pm rolls around you just bought potentially 16 hours of downtime
(or more) waiting because IBM actually honors it's agreement with the
customer. The customer got lucky this time that Rochester support even
bothered to talk to you after 5:00pm, they were not obligated to.

Moral to the story: You get what you pay for. 24/7 support is cheap after
just one failure on a production system during the evening or worse, over a
weekend.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects