Ding Ding Ding DIng DINg DING DING!! Ringing the bell here for sure!!!

ONE SIZE FITS NONE, EXACTLY! Instead of IBM forcing that option on all they provided tooling to create NEW interfaces for any!

Look at it this way.

One of my customers went PHP. Awesome website, pure IBM i, add in some bootcamp and a CRM and it's perfect for them. Users love it.

Another went Lansa. Cool applications still on i using iPads snd iPhone and such. Best choice for them.

Another use Profound. Friggin coolest scheduling app I have EVER seen. Drag jobs onto the 'schedule board' and RPG apps called behind the scene that 'know all' (they have the business logic) say: "sure you can run that on that machine at that time" or "Sorry bub, material not scheduled to be here then" or "Can't run that material on that press." Dropped my jaw watching that demo. (Done by a nearly 60 year old woman who's been at that shop for decades and never wrote a web page in her life!)

And there are more. BUT YA GOTTA PICK ONE! Try one test it, EVERY VENDOR will give you a demo. Talk to you about what their product can and cannot do, give you costs, even help you if needed.

Do I have to say: "You can lead a horse to water......" ????

And that bit about 'not being tightly integrated', priceless. Because we don't have EVERYTHING 'tightly integrated' you are really willing to go to a platform with NOTHING tightly integrated?? I have no words for that logic.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com