Sounds like SAS as you show the PCI-E SAS controller desired.

Also the detail from WRKHDWRSC *STG shows that if you include the CMBxx 'Storage Controller' line. The type of that card tells if it's fiber or SAS. Then the status column shows if IBM i sees the card or not, you want to see 'Operational' as anything else is a problem.

From there you can learn the slot number (also can see slot number in the hMC). Then in service tools you can also see what it things is in there. If it reports something like 'occupied slot' that is an indication of the thing failing. It sees 'a card' but can't tell what.

Also if your hardware PTFs were old before the upgrade the card may have gotten firmware applied when you upgraded. If that firmware failed to apply this could be the issue. Quite often in this case a full power down and restart of the slot DOES fix it but you've already tried that with no joy.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com