The power down of all partitions and the Power 7 server did not solve the
problem. IBM will be here monday.

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 10:16 PM, John McKee <jmmckee3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just curious here. Maybe not relevant. At one point, I don't remember the
details, the tape drive we had could not be seen. IBM suggested turning
the power off on the drive itself and then turning the power back on.
Worked. I am wondering if when entire system is shut down and restarted,
that if something doesn't report in on time, that it is ignored. There was
an IPL failure on our ancient B50 at another employer. CE said that if the
drive did not report in on time, it was stopped. Several power cycles and
the drive did report in and all was well. Something about the drive taking
too long to spin up. Which is why I am wondering if the library itself is
power cycled, whether that makes any difference.

John McKee

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>