Well, I don't really like the system reply list for this. Problem is, it
can hide errors. The user will be doing something, and all of a sudden will
be back to the menu with no notice of a problem. You will have to check
your logs regularly.

Another thing that can cause hidden errors is using SQL without checking
SQLCODE or SQLSTATE. You could have database errors happening and no one
will know if you don't check for errors after each statement. The system
reply list won't help you there. Errors still get logged though, but not as
Inquiry or Notification messages.