Jim--

jumping from 7.1 to 7.3 isn't that much of an issue. 7.3 is relatively stable. Remember-- people without problems don't post a lot of messages on these boards! (;

We jumped both of our production systems about a year ago with minimum problems. 7.3 runs fine.

One reason we skipped 7.2 was looking at the end-of-life dates for the different releases-- 7.3 (at the time) was relatively new, 7.1 was short-lived, and 7.2 was well-established. I don't remember if EOL for 7.2 had been announced or not.

Just make sure to read both the 7.2 and 7.3 Memo to Users! And apply the prerequisite PTFs on 7.1. And run the utility that runs on your PC to check and make sure you've dotted all the t's and crossed all the i's!

IBM does have a subscription daily newsletter that lists all of the PTFs released since the previous day. We've been keeping a lot more up-to-date with PTFs! Some of the descriptions of bugs fixed can scare you! But we've been applying the new ones about every other month.

--Paul E Musselman