So I finished the upgrade to v7r3.
I got the incomplete message but the DSPLOG only said one *LNG object failed to load (for some licensed software we won't be using).
Everything else was normal.

So, I started the checklist to complete the upgrade.
I haven't downloaded the latest cume so I followed the step that says I needed to IPL
and let the INZSYS finish. I made sure it was IPL Type B and set to Normal
and did a pwrdwnsys.
It came back up but into QCTL only.
I looked for messages in the Display Log (option 50 on GO LICPGM) but didn't find the
/Initialize System (INZSYS) started/ message, nor the /Initialize System (INZSYS) completed successf//ully/ message.

So, I went to the Initialize System (INZSYS) Recovery section, and tried to make sure it was in a restricted state,
using the ENDSBS command.

It responded saying '/Initialize System (INZSYS) in use./'

Using WRKACTJOB, nothing is running except the SCPF subsystem.
I THINK that's where the INZSYS runs.
But it's been running at about 50% CPU since this morning at 9:30 AM.
The joblog has nothing after about 9:45 AM.

*Could this be a legitimate INZSYS still running? That's more than four hours already.*

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Thomas Garvey