<snip>
Have you tried using ACS and Generate SQL from the table? I'm wondering
if
perhaps this might yield a different result than QSQGNDDL.
</snip>

Well, other than the fact that QSQGNDDL adds it to a source file I would
tend to believe that iACS and Generate SQL would use the same API. Perhaps
QSQGNDDL calls the same API which iACS uses?
One could give iACS a try but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. IBM would be
foolish to reinvent the wheel.

What I would recommend is this:
DSPOBJD OBJ(QSQGNDDL) OBJTYPE(*PGM) DETAIL(*SERVICE)
Page down and record the PTF currently associated with it. On my 7.3
system it is SI62725

Change this link to your PTF
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SI62725
And on the PTF cover letter for your PTF look at the bottom for something
like this:
Superseded by:...................... View fix details for PTF SI65141

Get that PTF and the latest DB2 group ptf. To find out what that is
search for "DB2 for IBM i" at
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas4PSPbyNum
Compare that with what you see with WRKPTFGRP PTFGRPLVL(*LATEST)

And once you are up to snuff, if it is still occurring, call IBM.