Thanks Rob,

Getting closer.

STRNFSSVR *ALL has been run and the NFS Servers are active.

I noticed in job QNFSRPCD the following message;
An incorrect transport entry was found in the /etc/netconfig file.

The help on this message referred to error number 3420 (CPE3420) which
says; Address already in use.

Possibly this is my problem ???

The contents of the /etc/netconfig file;
************Beginning of data**************
#/etc/netconfig
#flags (valid values - V or N)
#netid type flags family protocol
tcp TPI_COTS V inet tcp
tcp_ord TPI_COTS_ORD V inet tcp
udp TPI_CLTS V inet udp
************End of Data********************

No errors were found in any other NFS jobs

I used the export command as follows from your example;

EXPORTFS OPTIONS('-I -O') DIR('/asp02')

The command completed successfully

/asp02 is a directory created in ASP 2

On the Linux box I entered the mount command; (I will use a DNS name once
I get it working - for the moment I want it as simple as possible :-) )

root@BAK1:~# mount -t nfs <IP-Address>:/asp02 msdtest
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting <IP-Address>:/asp02

I also tried specifying the udfs device as follows with same result
mount -t nfs <IP-Address>:/dev/qasp02/qasp02.udfs msdtest

If I run the STATFS command i can see the mounted file system information
- I have included the details below;

The directory \asp02 has *PUBLIC *RWX access

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Display Mounted FS Information

Object . . . . . . . . . . . . : /asp02

File system type . . . . . . . : User-defined file system

Block size . . . . . . . . . . : 4096
Total blocks . . . . . . . . . : 138573824
Blocks free . . . . . . . . . : 138469033
Object link maximum . . . . . : 1000000
Directory link maximum . . . . : 1000000
Pathname component maximum . . : 255
Path name maximum . . . . . . : No maximum
Change owner restricted . . . : Yes
No truncation . . . . . . . . : Yes
Case Sensitivity . . . . . . . : No

Path of mounted file system . : /dev/qasp02/qasp02.udfs

Path mounted over . . . . . . : /asp02

Protection . . . . . . . . . . : Read-write
Setuid execution . . . . . . . : Not supported
Mount type . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
Read buffer size . . . . . . . : Not supported
Write buffer size . . . . . . : Not supported
Timeout . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
Retry Attempts . . . . . . . . : Not supported
Retransmission Attempts . . . : Not supported
Regular file attribute minimum
time . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
Regular file attribute maximum
time . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
Directory attribute minimum
time . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
Directory attribute maximum
time . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
Force refresh of attributes on
open . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
Attribute and name caching . . : Not supported
Data file CCSID . . . . . . . : Not supported
Pathname CCSID . . . . . . . . : Not supported

Don Brown