From: "Hiebert, Chris" <chris.hiebert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/10/2017 12:23 AM
Subject: RE: SQL0305 Message in 5000 page joblog

This may be a very "bad" fix because this will skip a row if *any* of the
values are null.

If 4 out of 5 of the fields contain a value, do you really want to omit
the row?

Or would you rather just zero out that single column?

That is the reason multiple people have already suggested this:

sum(coalesce(uddamt,0) + coalesce(uddaoa,0) +
coalesce(uddeam,0) - coalesce(uddcct,0) - coalesce(uddbkf,0))

Chris Hiebert
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.