Update for archive.

Recently I asked a question on this group for setting up ASP02 and using
it for backups that are subsequently saved to external storage by mounting
a NFS directory to the IFS from an Linux backup server.

This is now all working but had a few issues along the way.

This may assist someone else doing the same or similar.

We used a second ASP (2) that had been previously created.

Create the file system

CRTUDFS UDFS('/dev/QASP02/qasp02.udfs')

Create the directories in ASP02

CRTDIR DIR('/asp02/')
CRTDIR DIR('/asp02/backup')

Mount the file system

MOUNT TYPE(*UDFS) MFS('/dev/qasp02/qasp02.udfs') MNTOVRDIR('/asp02')

Note: Mount is not preserved across IPLs. Therefore, you must mount after
every IPL. I would suggest adding the MOUNT command in the system start-up
program.

Create the Image Catalogue, add an entry and load it.

CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(BACKUP) DIR('/asp02/backup') TYPE(*TAP) CRTDIR(*NO)
ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(BACKUP) FROMFILE(*new) TOFILE(VOL001) VOLNAM(VOL001)
LODIMGCLGE IMGCLG(BACKUP) IMGCLGIDX(1) OPTION(*MOUNT)

Create a virtual tape and vary it on

CRTDEVTAP DEVD(TAPVRT01) RSRCNAME(*VRT)
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(TAPVRT01) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(BACKUP) DEV(TAPVRT01)

Save a library for a test
SAVLIB LIB(TESTLIB) DEV(TAPVRT01) CLEAR(*ALL)

Export the IFS Directory in ASP02

CHGNFSEXP OPTIONS('-I -F -O VERS=4:3:2,ROOT=192.168.126.4') DIR('/asp02')

This is allowing NFS versions 4, 3 and 2 to be available. The default is
versions 3 and 2 Only which is where we initially had authority problems.

ROOT access is specified for the connection.

The above command is using the ip address but that SHOULD be replaced with
the hostname to avoid future issues if IP addresses change. (Just ask
Rob!)

On the Linux box mount the drive

mount -t nfs 192.168.126.12:/asp02/backup testDirectory

Running the mount command without any options shows

192.168.126.12:/asp02/backup on /root/testDirectory type nfs
(rw,vers=4,addr=192.168.126.12,clientaddr=192.168.126.4)

Listing the directory contents shows the image catalogue and the saved
volume

ls /root/testDirectory

And the results show the files

QIMGCLG VOL001