From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kirk
Goins
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:34 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: DeConfigured Cores

DrFranken and other hardware Guru's...
I saw a 4core Power7 the other day with IBMi only on it. When looking at
Failed and Non-Reporting Hardware screen it is reporting cores 2-4 as
failed. I know at one time in the AIX world you could by from IBM a machine
with x number cores deconfigured. This was done to less than handle less
than whole machine licensing in the AIX world as their licensing is as
robust as IBMi. How does/would IBMi see these deconfigured cores?

Thanks in advance
--
Kirk