From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:39 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: V7R1 SNDPTFORD issue - PTFs mailed

I understand folks that love to use SNDPTFORD for single partition machines, but I don't understand why when there are multiple partitions

Order from fix central for FTP down load ONE TIME for all the partitions.
Set up Image Catalog
Set up NFS distribution to all the partitions (OK that takes about 5
minutes/partition and requires SST access) If you want I'll send you a CL
program that sets up the NFS on the primary server.
Load PTFs with network optical device on the target partition

ONE copy of the groups and or PTFs for the entire system. Can apply individually or if there are multiple updates to do at once, go ahead and kick of several, all reading the same catalog at the same time.

FASTER than all local updates since one partition is doing all the read activity and the partition that's getting updated does all the write activity.

All of my customers have this set up and love it. Auditors love it since they know all the updates are from one source.

Why work so hard?

See: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1013479

--
Jim Oberholtzer