"MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 08/02/2017
07:27:14 AM:
----- Message from John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx> on Tue, 1
Aug 2017 18:26:22 -0400 -----

Re: Way to programmatically determine whether 32-bit or 64-bit
Client Access is installed?

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Jack Woehr
<jwoehr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, do go to ACS. You'll never look back.

Until ACS has what I consider significantly better font rendering, I
will never warm to ACS. I'm not just being ornery. I really want to
like ACS, but I can't stand how the text looks - it's simply not very
readable to me, and feels like I've stepped back into the '90s.

Well if you're talking about the default ACS font (IBM3270) it *IS* from
the 90s (or before). Just switch to a legible font. I'm using Monaco which
I personally find very easy to read.

I'm not saying this is Dan's problem at all. I'm just pointing out one
area in which ACS is handily trounced by its Windows-native
predecessors, at least in the eyes (literally!) of a small but
vehement minority. For most folks, the appearance and legibility of
ACS is just fine.

I don't know. I never cared that much for the default fonts in iSeries
Access either--maybe I'm in a small minority.

John Y.

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International