On 27-Jun-2017 15:57 -0600, dlclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Paul Therrien<paultherrien wrote on 06/27/2017 05:38:59 PM:
Wondering about your printer file object on the production system.
Does it have a PRTTXT value? Or some other customization.

The objects are supposed to be copied from one system to the other
during promotion without further modification. We use ARCAD.
Otherwise, I just checked and the PRTF has PRTTXT(*JOB) on both
systems. The job descriptions on both systems have PRTTXT(*SYSVAL).
And the system value on both systems show as follows:

Display System Value

System value . . . . . : QPRTTXT
Description . . . . . : Print text

Per the resolution of the Print Text, from the special value of *JOB, the more relevant details is, what is shown in the QPDSPJOB spooled file produced from a request to WRKJOB OPTION(*DFNA), having been taken when/against the job that opens the printer file; e.g.:

Print text . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : PRTTXT ' '