At 7.1, the /INCLUDE became available (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_71/cl/include.htm)

Steve Needles

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2017 2:47 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Get a definition for a constant in a source member into a CL program

I don't think CL supports /copy or /include.
You'd have to translate and put the & in front of every variable.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: Steve Needles <Stephen.Needles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/09/2017 03:39 PM
Subject: RE: Get a definition for a constant in a source member
into a CL program

Maintain them as you have, as RPG constants. And use this as the "Source
of Truth".

Now write a tool to parse the copybook above and translate it into another
copybook containing the CL DCL's. Now include the new copybook in your CL
programs and refresh it every time you update the RPG version.

Compile impacted programs as you currently do.

Best I can do on Friday afternoon.

Now if you'd go look at my currently open issue... :-)

Steve Needles