You can define your constant for RPG and CL in the same source member. Just make sure that the RPG constant looks like a comment in CL and vice versa.

Here is an example:
/* d @Active c 'A' */
/* */ DCL VAR(&ACTIVE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) VALUE('A')

The /* and */ in the RPG part are in column 1 and 81 so that they are ignored by the RPG compiler but considered as comments by the CL compiler

The /* */ start in column 6 so there is a * in column 7. The RPG compiler will consider the line a comment but the CL compiler will treat it

You still have to define your constant in both RPG and CL syntax, but they would be in a single member and grouped together which would ease maintenance.

How's that for a Friday.

Denis Robitaille
Chef de service TI - Solution d'entreprise
Infrastructure et opérations

CASCADES CENTRE DES TECHNOLOGIES
412 Marie Victorin
Kingsey falls(Québec) Canada J0A 1B0