From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Luis
Rodriguez
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 10:34 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: In SQL - which isquicker

Alan,

Why not simply change your query to a CTE? Something like:

Create table QTEMP.ORDHDRPZ as (
WITH T1 as
(SELECT *
FROM prodfa.ordhdrp b
join prodfa.custcompny z on
b.bcmpy = z.custcmpny
where b.HUFL03 <> 'RE' and b.status not in ('RC', 'RX', 'VC', 'VX') and
iDate((b.Orddte - 72),'*MDY')
= (current_date - 5 year))

SELECT distinct A.MCST#
FROM prodfa.mediap a join T1 b
on a.mdord# = digits(b.bammdd) concat
digits(b.bayy) concat digits(b.baxxx) concat b.ordnum

) With data ;

Regards,
Luis