Jim, Dr,

Having read thru and done some board replacements (And noticing that some
CE's forget to re-set the type model on the replacement boards, which is
why HMC upgrades tell you to check it's set corrrectly) I find it hard to
believe either UEFI, IMM2 or any other part of the firmware could be
different. What I don't know how would work is getting the keys for the
IMM2 (We ARE talking about modern HMCs right? IMM2 based?) since I've only
done those keys a few times on X servers.
In any case if IBM says no, it's no, since you can't run PROD HMCs on
non-supported configs and expect support.
For Denis,
Maybe it's time to evaluate the cost difference between a vHMC and the
KVM....

Best Regards,
Roberto

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Jim Oberholtzer <