On 17-May-2017 11:30 -0600, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
On 5/17/17, 10:01 AM, Rob Berendt wrote:
On 17-May-2017 10:57 -0600, James H. H. Lampert wrote:

[…] from a command line, something like:

ZLIB/ZIP ZIPFILE(test17my17.zip) FILES('This 40'' boxcar.txt')
REPLACE(*APPEND)

and got "Matching quote not found in path name."

How did it know "path name"?

For a moment, I thought you were onto something, but no, that's
simply the parameter type for FILES

The OS/400 port of ZLIB comes with complete source, and in the
ZLIB/QCMDSRC.ZIP, the FILES parameter is defined thusly:

PARM KWD(FILES) TYPE(*PNAME) LEN(128) MIN(1) +
MAX(20) EXPR(*YES) CASE(*MIXED) +
PROMPT('Files to add ZIP file')

Now, if I triple the delimiter quotes and QUADRUPLE the embedded
quotes, THEN the command processor processes it just fine, but the
CPP blows up. And I'm not quite ready to rewrite ZLIB.

[…]

IIRC the "path" [i.e. *PNAME] object naming wants, much like the /QSYS.LIB naming does, that a name with embedded _special characters_ should be delimited with the double-quote character; noting, that the apostrophe as delimiter for the parameter would still be required for the IBM i command [analyzer\prompter] processing, and thus the embedded apostrophe still must be escaped. Try the following:

ZLIB/ZIP ZIPFILE(test17my17.zip) FILES('"This 40'' boxcar.txt"')
REPLACE(*APPEND)

Empirically:

mkdir DIR('/0filetst')
chgcurdir DIR('/0filetst')
wrklnk obj('This 40'' boxcar.txt')
Matching quote not found in path name. [Cause:
Path name This 40' boxcar.txt specified for OBJ contains
an apostrophe (') or double quote (") characters that are
not matched.]
wrklnk OBJ('This 40'''' boxcar.txt') /* e.g. from another post */
Object not found. Object is /0filetst/This 40 boxcar.txt.
wrklnk OBJ('"This 40'' boxcar.txt"')
Object not found. Object is /0filetst/This 40' boxcar.txt.
qsh cmd('touch "This 40'' boxcar.txt"')
Command ended normally with exit status 0.
qsh cmd('ls')
This 40' boxcar.txt
wrklnk OBJ('"This 40'' boxcar.txt"')
/* no error; Work With Object Links presents the STMF */