My V7R2 system
No Environment variables for *JOB or *SYS
qsh
java -version
java version "1.7.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pap3270_27sr3fp30-20160112_01(SR3 FP30))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.7, JRE 1.7.0 OS/400 ppc-32 jvmap3270_27sr3fp30-20160112_01 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - R27_Java727_SR3_20151222_1037_B283006
JIT - tr.r13.java.sr3.fp30_20151209_107107.01
GC - R27_Java727_SR3_20151222_1037_B283006
J9CL - 20151222_283006)
JCL - 20160112_01 based on Oracle jdk7u95-b13

Installed licensed programs:
Licensed Installed
Program Release Description
5770JV1 V7R2M0 IBM Developer Kit for Java
5770JV1 V7R2M0 Java SE 6 32 bit
5770JV1 V7R2M0 Java SE 6 64 bit
5770JV1 V7R2M0 Java SE 7 32 bit
5770JV1 V7R2M0 Java SE 7 64 bit