On 3/8/2017 5:33 PM, Hohlen, Kent wrote:
I am trying to configure Access For Windows to be administrator controlled when installing from a server. The directions say to call install_acs_64.js with the /AdminConfig parm. I don't know how to call a js file from Windows or how to call it with that parm. I'm able to click on the script file and run it. I just don't know how to call it with a parm.

Create a shortcut.
Use Windows File Explorer to locate the .js file
Right click it, then Create a shortcut.
Drag that shortcut wherever you need it.

Parameters follow the invocation, so the shortcut would look something like

S:\Software\IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions\Start_Scripts\Windows\acslaunch.js
/PLUGIN=5250 /SYSTEM=my.ibmi.system /wide=true /nosave=true

To set that, right click the shortcut, then Properties.

I do it a tad differently. I saved my session as a .HOD file (the
default) on my PC, and I click that to fire up an emulator session.
That shortcut looks like

C:\Users\buck\Documents\IBM\iAccessClient\Emulator\HODData\localuser\buck.hod