I'm afraid that the department philosophy is that you buy hardware and pay programmers. Purchased software isn't really a thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Gibbs [mailto:david@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2017 10:01 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Percolating QC changes

On 3/2/2017 8:00 AM, Justin Taylor wrote:
Given a theoretical app with development, QC and production
libraries. The devs send a new build to the QC library and continue
work in the development library. 1-2 weeks later, the QC department
returns their report, and code and data changes are required in the QC
build.

Is there a best practice for percolating those changes to the
development library?

<vendor mode="on">
A good quality Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) system will encourage (and enforce) a strong development flow like you describe.

I know that PTC Implementer provides for a very robust check out, development, deployment, rejection, and concurrent development work flow. It also supports separation of duties so that developers can't deploy to production unless they are authorized.

I'm sure the other ALM products support similar functionality.

If you would like some information on Implementer, feel free to contact me privately.

</vendor>

david
(who works for PTC, on the Implementer product, in addition to running midrange.com)

--
David Gibbs
midrange.com

IBM i on Power Systems: For when you can't afford to be out of business!

I'm riding a metric century (100 km / 65 miles) in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, education, advocacy, and awareness. You can make a tax deductible donation to my ride by visiting http://lsteml.diabetessucks.net. My goal is $6000 but any amount is appreciated.

See where I get my donations from ... visit http://lsteml.diabetessucks.net/map for an interactive map (it's a geeky thing).

I may have diabetes, but diabetes doesn't have me!