I guess you've never experienced the never ending *CNTRLED shutdown :-)

Whatever works for you. Just stay away from the white button.

In 28 years with AS/400 and IBM i I've never had an issue with PWRDWNSYS *IMMED, but I am no longer in charge of the hardware so I guess it no longer matters.

Why do you still need the V5R4 box ? Still compiling back to V5R3 or V5R2 ?

Regards,

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com
message: 2
date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 15:57:07 -0600
from: Bradley Stone <bvstone@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Leaving IBM i on vs. sleep mode and fire it up now and
then

If Im going to shut it down may as well let it end *CNTRLD. : )