Yep, if you're attempting to teach people, provide code samples that can be downloaded, compiled and incorporated. This is the new age of open source (public domain).

With WebForms it's not public domain code. PDF filling is part of the product.

When I speak of iText samples I will be adding a couple of iText samples to an existing presentation that provides source for creating CL commands that wrap around Java to do various PDF related tasks.

Well the year is off to a cold start. -8 here in MN today. Yeesh.

Regards,

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com
------------------------------

message: 2
date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:46:07 -0700
from: Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Web Forms to PDF (was AFP-To-PDF)

Since you asked here's a couple of relevant Webex replay URLs:

5 Reasons To Stop Filling Out Forms By Hand
https://www.helpsystems.com/resources/on-demand-webinars/
5-reasons-stop-filling-out-forms-hand

Pssst... It's Time to Cut Ties with Your Outdated Forms Technology
https://www.helpsystems.com/resources/on-demand-webinars/
pssst%E2%80%A6-it%E2%80%99s-time-cut-ties-your-outdated-forms-technolo
gy

Thanks, I'll take a look.

In regards to writing it myself I did. Fillable PDFs from captured
data are an integral part of our WebForms product.

I thought we were talking about writing a complete solution and putting it in the public domain. Isn't that what you were asking for?

I did actually advocate learning a little Java and iText as well. Not too
hard. I'll probably add some iText Java samples to my Common
Presentation on building CL commands with Java so people have a
complete installable, compilable source example.

See above.

And..."Show me the money" is from Jerry McGuire. If I have to explain
it.....well you know :-)

I've never seen the movie. But a Google search pulls up the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mOKMq19zU

I agree the parody fits this discussion. You're playing the role of the athlete.