Your best bet would be to use something other than IBM's email client
commands. SNDDST, SNDSMTPEMM, etc.

MAILTOOL (www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html) will not only allow you to
specify the FROM address as you like, but will be flexible in the future
should you go to a cloud based email server such a Gmail or Office 365 and
allow sending using SSL/TLS and/or OAuth 2.0 authentication as well as
basic authentication some servers require. Of course it also works very
well with internal mail severs (like exchange).

Now, just because MAILTOOL has a parameter for the FROM address doesn't
always mean you can use anything you want.

In the case of using Gmail or Office 365, the FROM address needs to match
the email account you're sending with. Otherwise you may get an error from
the server saying it doesn't allow email address spoofing (without setup on
the account to allow other IDs to send emails with your account).

Yes, I am biased when it comes to email Clients for the IBM i, but I also
feel it's the best solution for email on the IBM iand will grow with your
needs.

Brad
www.bvstools.com

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Denis Robitaille <