Rob,

Host table entries (as far as the IBMi) in this case don't apply. Maybe
you were referring to the hosts file on Windows PC.

I've never once had a client give me the host name of their IBM i instead
of the IP address. The last time I remember having host names was 15 or so
years ago when I worked full time at a large company with machines all over
the world. They all had a nickname we used to connect to them with, or
transfer info using RSF, etc.

Brad
www.bvstools.com