I am literally terrified to read this thread.

I had this discussion some 33 years ago (in 1983)... I was a young S/38
programmers and I was busy to migrate an application from S/34... trying
to explain to my experienced collegues that it was advised to not use GOTO
and not use RPG Cycle... I wrote a lot of sample code and my programs
were performing better and the code was more stable and easier to
maintain...

The only advantage of the RPG cycle is that it is more concise... so very
efficient when you write code with a pencil on an rpg coding sheet and
give it to someone for punching the cards... but are counting characters
in RDi ?

So for me and my colleagues, RPG cycle is just deprecated since 1983.
Are you still using and promoting the use rawplug instead of percussion
drill because it works...

Actually I am a bit tired to see my young colleagues changing their Java
templates every 6 months and rewriting the code because they have used
somewhere, something that is deprecated, but I would really love to listen
from IBM that RPG Cycle is deprecated... and auditors going to the
management with this statement and raising the risk ob obsolescence....

Paul