There is now a Samba option on IBM i - this might be either you use standard NetServer or you use Samba - I forget if that is a system-wide preference.

But it does run much faster than the NetServer we know and love. Maybe one of these links goes into using it - I didn't follow them to see.

I believe this support started in 7.1 - someone else can confirm or discredit. :)

Vern