Bob,

Thanks for the info. The reason I ask is because I deal with customers
with the same issue and if "it works" they're happy.

Then they run into issues like this. The problem most of the time is that
because you are delivering email directly from your IBM i to the recipient
without a mail router, the recipient's email server is doing a reverse DNS
lookup, not finding anything and not allowing the mail to be delivered.

Does your client use a mail router for their PCs? Most likely (a cloud
email router like Gmail or Office/Outlook, or in house one).

The IBM i is no different and should use the same settings that all the PCs
do in the organization for sending mail. That means mail router, any
authentication (user/password) if required, and SSL/TLS if required.

If you use a mail router in between your IBM i and your recipients, you'll
have better luck as things are set up correctly and the recipients mail
servers won't deny the mail.

Its one customer now, but in the future it could be more. If things are
set up properly then you shouldn't have to worry about the issue at all.

Glad you found MAILTOOL awesome! It still allows more than any other email
client. One of the reasons customers don't use a mail router is because
they require SSL/TLS and/or authentication which is impossible (or nearly)
to set up with the native email on the IBM i.

MAILTOOL has allowed SSL/TLS and authentication for over 10 years, mainly
because we needed it ourselves. And this is at the command, user or system
level. Not just the system level like most IBM email commands.

Feel free to contact me offline if you want help setting things up with the
IBM command or to look things over. Thanks!

Brad
www.bvstools.com