John,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I get it now.

I don't know why you couldn't use something to trap the email. But then
you'd have to use the IBM i as the mail server to receive emails and I
wouldn't care for that. *shudder*

You can call an API every 5 minutes or so to poll for new commands. It's a
very light footprint of a call.

Google also has Push notifications for GMail and Calendar events that you
could set up fairly easily as well. That would probably be the best bet.
Just make sure you're server is running to accept those requests. :)

Brad
www.bvstools.com

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 5:16 PM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>