To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/05/2016 09:34AM
Subject: Re: New RFE for your perusal

Note that you can already store RPG source in the IFS and commands like
CRTBNDRPG support STMF paths. I wasn't sure if you knew that based on the
comments in the RFE. For example:

CRTBNDRPG PGM(MYLIB/PGM1) SRCSTMF('/path/to/rpg/pgm1.rpgle')

With that said, there are a few remaining that don't support SRCSTMF
(CRTBNDCL and CRTSRVPGM if memory serves).

Mihael Schmidt (RPGNextGen.com) uses the 'make' command to accomplish
this. Download his JSON tool to see more.
http://rpgnextgen.com/index.php?content=json

Awhile back KrengelTech started switching our RPG source management to
Git. We don't have our methods polished enough to share. The kicker issue
is tools like RDi don't play well with source stored in the IFS (i.e.
compile error listings), so that necessitated temporarily loading
Git-managed IFS files back into *SRCPF and then back to IFS once ready for
Git commits.

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. <