Thank again Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:30 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: No system console and TCP/IP down

Read the Knowledge Center at
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzal2/rzal2unipl.htm?lang=en
You can replace "ibm_i_72" with "ibm_i_71" or 61 if you need to.

Expand this:
IBM i 7.2>IBM i and related software>Installing, upgrading, or deleting IBM i and related software>Replacing Licensed Internal Code and IBM i of the same version and release Select Replacing software of the same release using manual installation You might be able to just do:
"Complete the tasks in Replacing the Licensed Internal Code "
and skip " Replacing the IBM i operating system".
You should do "Installing PTFs for the Licensed Internal Code and the operating system ."

You will need a new I_BASE_01 cd. Make sure you have the latest "refresh"
or "resave".

For more information on "resave" see:
http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/i/planning/resave/index.html

To download a new I_BASE_01 cd you can get one from ESS or "Entitled Systems Support" at https://www-304.ibm.com/servers/eserver/ess/ProtectedServlet.wss

To get a copy of the latest cume ptf, and the latest group PTF's, see "Fix Central" at:
http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/

If you do not feel comfortable with this you may want to contract this out. People like Pete Massieola (sp?) and Larry Bolhuis pay their bills doing this stuff. I've done a little side work doing this myself.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755