I use the DBUJRN command that DBU provides which does basically the same
thing.

You can do it, just that SQL probably isn't the language to do it in.

Charles

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 9:19 AM, <darren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A coworker of mine developed a nice little command for querying journals
that has made journal querying so much easier. It basically lets us
specify the file, a date range, and an optional time range. It then
creates a file similar to the DSPJRN outfile, but it also appends the
fields from the journaled file in place of the ENTRY_DATA. This file
structure is built with an SQL join of a DSPJRN template file (with the
JOESD field removed) to the journaled file structure.

Once the DSPJRN to outfile is completed, it does a CPYF with FMTOPT(*NOCHK)
to overlay the journal data into the above built file structure, resulting
in a nice log file.