Think that's the one I was trying to find...seem to recall some "who
changed my file" ads for it.

For $1,300...that's not bad at all.

Charles

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

There is also this as an option http://www.kisco.com/ifa/

Mike C

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Charles Wilt
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 4:23 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Log all PF changes?

Just a word of advice...

If you don't currently use journalling, and you want to start journally
for just this one file...

Then sure, it would make for a quick and easy solution.

However, some things to think about
- How do you intend to display the journal entries? DSPJRN in an of
itself is not very pretty. The table's data is just one big blob. It gets
even more complex when you have nullable fields and/or MINENTDTA() of other
than *NONE.
- If you ever need journalling for something else such as commitment
control or HA, then you're going to have problems keeping receivers around
forever.

IMHO, planning on keeping journal receivers around forever is not a good
idea.

Consider instead a program that harvests the journal entries and stores
them someplace.
You may be able to start with the CMPJRNIMG command as laid out here:
http://www.securemyi.com/nl/articles/databaseaudit.html

Personally, if I really _HAVE_ to (for legal reasons) have a record of
changes forever; then I'd be looking at a third party compliance tool.
http://www.helpsystems.com/powertech/products/datathread
http://www.cosynsoftware.com/index.asp?CID=product&PID=CAT

http://townsendsecurity.com/products/file-integrity-monitoring-advanced-tools

http://www.razlee.com/products/security/ap-journal/ap-journal_regulation_compliance_o.php