Paul,

That's nice that IBM couldn't help even if they were being paid. However,
I don't see where that has anything to do with
- the trouble shooting steps I suggested from that link
- or running a cwbping from the PC Dos command prompt to see if certain
services were running

Were you looking for someone to help you solve this or did you just want
someone to commiserate with you?

Again, I'm not sure that it's an imcompatibility issue with the version of
Client Access you're running and the old OS. I'm trying to rule that out.