I hear you Larry. And then 6 months down the road they will want to move
that lpar to another box and all this will change.
For a long time (a year or two maybe) our two boxes were in the same room.
Not exactly DR but kinda/sorta HA. We could do PTF's and whatnot after
the switch. And do backups off of the Mimix machine.

Any time we thought about using internal networks (like between a DB2 and
a Domino lpar) all this HA switching came to mind. It really gets hairy
jumping from internal to external.