Paul,

If the software vendors are using the system SSL APIs then software updates
shouldn't be needed unless they have settings hard-coded. By default the
APIs "should" use the system settings. I say "should" because they don't
always.

I went through this with a customer using our GETURI software that uses
SSL. We had ours set to use the system SSL settings and for some reason it
wasn't in this case.

The situation is described here:
http://www.fieldexit.com/forum/display?threadid=170

So, I added a flag to our software to get around that while IBM fixed their
stuff. :)

Anyhow, expect more SSL problems down the road. It's been pretty bumpy.
With forcing everyone to move to new versions it's going to also force many
V5Rx and V6Rx users to V7Rx... (and consequently new hardware most likely).

Brard
www.bvstools.com

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>