Personally, I be using this as Exhibit A for staying reasonably current vs
the old "if it an't broke..."

Charles

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

Well, for one, right now we can even start testing IBM I Access Client
because it will not work with our current certificate setup. And we can't
change the certificate to make Access Client work without breaking Client
Access. So I don't see any other path then to update all the Client Access
versions so we can then install the new certificate so we can then start
testing and finally deploy Access Client and remove Client Access.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 10:04 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Client Access, Access Client and certificates

<snip>
It looks like the only solution for us is to get around 500 clients
upgraded to the most recent version of Client Access </snip>

No, it freaking isn't!!!! (Sorry, now let me calm down...)

Why are you running a mix of "IBM i Access Client Solutions" and the
deprecated "IBM i Access for Windows"? And why would you go through the
pain of upgrading the deprecated "IBM i Access for Windows" to some newer
patch instead of replacing it with "IBM i Access Client Solutions"?

I think we've covered this replacement in a thread or two recently.

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E