We found the problem with this. For some reason the PTFs we had applied on the old system did not all move over to the new system when we did the option 21 save/restore. We found many patches that were missing. After applying all the latest group PTFs that we had on the old system this error with Navigator went away.
From: Mike Cunningham
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2015 11:43 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: System i Navigator error when accessing Schemas

This is the text of the error on the screen shot that did not come through

"An error occurred while attempting to initialize the list. [SQL0443] Trigger program or external routine detected an error. Cause Either a trigger program external procedure or external function detected and returned an error to SQL. If the error occurred in the trigger program the trigger was on table QDBSSUDF2 in schema QSYS."

I'm not sure what joblog to look at on the system since this work is handled by one of the service programs.

Ran the same DSPOBJD on our systems and got something weird
On the "old" system 5770SS1 V7R1M0 PTF number SI55620
On the "new" system 5770SS1 V7R1M0 PTF number SI56083

Different PFTs but we did not apply patches on the new system after the upgrade. Our contactor did say he put on microcode/firmware patches specific to the new processor/hardware but did not mention OS or other program product patches

p.s. we did not do a RCLSTG. Were advised that it was not necessary.