On 02-Oct-2015 07:12 -0600, rob wrote:
On 02-Oct-2015 00:49 -0600, Szepesi Frigyes wrote:

I just installed the latest DB2 group PTF for V7R1, SF99701,level
37 together with CUM, HYPER, http, and Java groups. I wanted to
test the possibility to check my PTF level currency mentioned here:

http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg080415-story03.html

The article mentions this SQL statement to invoke this function:

SELECT * FROM systools.group_ptf_currency

I tested the connection to www-912.ibm.com, it works, I also
changed my job's CCSID to 37. The SQL statement does not work,
joblog:

User-defined function error on member GRPPTFCUR.
Cancel reply received for message CPF503E.

Details of the first entry:

Message ID . . . : CPF503E Severity . . . . : 30
Message type . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . : 02/10/15 Time sent . . . : 08:46:16
Message . . : User-defined function error on member GRPPTFCUR.
Cause . . . : An error occurred while invoking user-defined
function XMLPARSE in library QSYS2. The error occurred while
invoking the associated external program or service program
XMLPARSE in library QSYS, program entry point or external name
QQXMLPARSE, specific name *N. The error occurred on member
GRPPTFCUR file GRPPTFCUR in library SYSTOOLS. The error code is 1.
The error codes and their meanings follow:
1 -- The external program or service program returned
SQLSTATE 2200M. The text message returned from the program is:
­­­­­­­Ę­áThe element type "head" does not match the expected
end-tag "</META>" .

Is there anything I need to do? I did not have the time to go
through all the cover letters contained the group.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=fc963589-c326-475e-be01-9c127855d206

While the same message identifier CPF503E appears in both the OP and the DeveloperWorks discussion at that link, the msg CPF503E is a /general fault/ error for *any* failure of a UDF invocation [much like a CPF0001 is the /general fault/ for any failed CL Command invocation. So, because the context of the second level message is totally unrelated, the likelihood of the reference being a match for the failure seen by the OP is drastically reduced. P.S. If taking the time to both lookup a link and to reply, why not add some supporting text such as why the link is being offered [e.g. why that might be relevant] and even some snippet of the content at the link [e.g. the title, abstract, or ??], notably for when [as IBM is so notorious] the link goes dead, thus making the reply even more meaningless.?