Perhaps not the fastest, but we use a scheduled job running a program on
our development system. This FTP's to the production box, and initiates a
save to QTEMP using a remote command within the FTP script string. The
result is then FTP'd to development, where the library is cleared and the
restore happens. Our data is in a separate library from programs, so we
may refresh, at will, without too much impact on development, except for
data type of testing.

This thread ...