I am attempting to copy data from a file in the production LPAR to the DEV LPAR and have yet to find an easy way to do it.

Here is what I looked at so far:

1. iSeries Navigation Export/Import function. No Go, only works with flat files, can not point to other system.

2. DDM (so far not working due to bug in iSeries navigator with base database *LOCAL name on DEV LPAR being same as production LPAR and navigator apparently doesn't understand aliases to overcome this limitation). Apparently if we could get this working you can do a copy/paste from one system to another in iSeries navigator (would be awesome if it worked).

3. SAVF, FTP, restore SAVF, do a rain dance.

So far nothing is easy. I'm about ready to just build a Microsoft SQL Server SSIS data transfer package but it seems like I shouldn't have to do this. Option #3 has been the historical mode of operation but is too time consuming.

Any other thoughts on how to do this quickly with as few steps as possible?

Matt