To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fix Central Download fixes directly to my machine
From: DBrown@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:16:13 +1000

I am wondering if anyone can assist as IBM sure can't.

A system that I look after has a console using an XP machine and this is
the ONLY PC I have access to on the network.

The PC is configured with a small C drive and a large D drive.

I want to download the latest Cume, Groups, Hyper fixes directly to my
system.

The java applet that processes this request temporarily stores the
downloaded save files on the C drive of the PC I am using and as there is
insufficient space on C drive the process soon fails.

I opened a PMR with IBM to be told that I need to use the feedback option
on the fix central site.

I detailed the problem in the fix central feedback and after a few
path used for temporary storage - get a bigger PC. Reporting this to the
team that look after PC's resulted in laughter and some obscene
suggestions about IBM and System i.

Now I can be quite stubborn and find it difficult to believe that a java
applet has a path hard coded but as yet I have not found where that might
be.

One suggestion was to use the second option of downloading the fixes to
the PC first which does provide an option to specify the path and I also
ticked the box to always prompt for download path. Using this option then
requests a confirmation for every directory being created. I was hoping
that ticking that box would apply when I tried option one, download fixes
directly to my server but it did not.

So before I go back to the PC team and admit defeat does anybody have any
suggestions how to control the download path when downloading fixes from
fix central directly to my server that is used for temporary storage on
the PC running the download ?

Thanks

Don Brown