Is there anyway to work within the system?
WRKPCYBRM *MOV to create an appropriate move policy that uses the
desired end location.
CHGMEDBRM and apply that move policy
MOVMEDBRM to execute that move policy.

Better yet is to figure out how this is all suppose to work within the
system and go from there.
For example, we move active media to IRONMTN. It stays there until it is
expired. Then BRMS tells us to order it back in.
We have locations like: KVLCMPROOM for our Kendallville computer room,
TAPKVL01 for the media library in Kendallville, IRONMTN for Iron Mountain.
Then we have various move policies like IRONMTN which looks like this:
Move policy . . . . . . . . . : IRONMTN
Home location . . . . . . . . . KVLCMPROOM
Use container . . . . . . . . . *NO
Verify moves . . . . . . . . . . *YES
Calendar for working days . . . *ALLDAYS
Calendar for move days . . . . . DEFAULT
Move marked for duplication . . *NO
Text . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Iron Mountain and back
Seq Location Duration
10 IRONMTN *EXP

A few job schedule entries like:
Job Status Date Time
BRMBKUP SCD USER DEF 17:30:00
BRMBKUPMON SCD *MON 17:30:00
BRMMAINT SCD *ALL 07:45:00
BRMMOVE SCD *ALL 07:00:00
BRMMOVRPT SCD USER DEF 07:10:00

BRMMOVE simply runs the following with no options: MOVMEDBRM
BRMMOVRPT simply runs PRTMOVBRM TYPE(*NOTVFY)
Then our operator pulls the tapes out of the library, puts them into the
case for Iron Mountain, goes to their website and runs a few steps. Then
steps through VFYMOVBRM and she's done.

Notes:
We backup using STRBKUBRM using the appropriate control group. WRKCTLGBRM
The control group has a media policy. WRKPCYBRM *MED
The media policy has a move policy assigned to it. WRKPCYBRM *MOV

Granted, we contracted this setup out. And had two people with the
consultant at all times, both taking notes. Consultant provided lots of
their own Notes, Power Points, Excel spreadsheets. Enough that I can add
new lpars into the mix and all.