I finally have a solution thanks to Mark Waterbury helping me offline.
We had to install some fonts on the system. We checked the PTF's and we were up to date except for 3 that were specifically related to printing, so we didn't think that was important. The final fix was changing the FONT keyword on the printer file I was using from *DEVD to *CPI. Then, it worked like expected. It turns out that we have changed the default on the CRTPRTF for the FONT keyword to *DEVD. Our system administrator thought it may have been done when we switched to laser printers.
Anyway, things are working now.
Software Development Architect
1110 North Main Street
PO Box 483
Goshen, IN 46527
Phone: (574) 533-9515 x3528
Confidentiality Notice: This information is intended only for the individual or entity named. If you are not the intended recipient, do not use or disclose this information. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete or otherwise destroy it and contact us at (800) 348-7468 so we can take steps to avoid such transmission errors in the future. Thank you.