When you read the help for the command ENDSBS you will see the following:
*IMMED
The jobs are ended immediately. When a job being ended has a
signal handling procedure for the asynchronous signal SIGTERM,
the SIGTERM signal is generated for that job and the QENDJOBLMT
system value specifies a time limit. ...

What this is saying is that you might want to look at who supplied that
program and see if they have some documentation on how to configure that
SIGTERM signal. Perhaps they have a .INI file or some such thing that you
can modify. Failing any desire to clean this up normally you could look
at that system value.

Except in the most extreme circumstances, such as a train derailment
immediately outside our building spewing toxic chemicals and we have to
shut down now, I try to use ENDSBS *CNTRLD with a time limit which seems
to match QENDJOBLMT. This allows those processes that have SIGTERM
signal to process it accordingly. Also, if you have a RPG programmer who
actually gives a rip about clean alternatives to break out of a Never
Ending Program they can check %SHTDN (Shut Down).

Tell you what, I'll submit a DCR to have them add *ENDJOBLMT, with help
pointing to the system value QENDJOBLMT, to the DELAY parameter for
ENDJOB. As part of that request I will ask that they change the default
for the DELAY parameter from *NOLIMIT to *ENDJOBLMT. Hey, if those jobs
that use SIGTERM processing don't care about *NOLIMIT anyway, why not? Do
you really use
ENDSBS QINTER OPTION(*CNTRLD) DELAY(*NOLIMIT)
and have QINTER wait until all 600+ workstation users signoff before
ending?
You could always use CHGCMDDFT to change it back, or start coding the
DELAY(*NOLIMIT) parameter into your shutdown and stop relying upon
defaults.