On 10-Jul-2015 22:59 -0600, Jim Oberholtzer wrote:
CRPence on Thursday, July 09, 2015 1:29 PM wrote:
On 09-Jul-2015 04:30 -0600, Jim Oberholtzer wrote:
<<SNIP>>
Use WRKOBJPDM QGPL OBJ(Q*) OBJATR(*SAVF) to find all the save
files.

FWiW, use OBJATR(SAVF) rather than OBJATR(*SAVF) because the
latter searches for any object-attribute with a suffix of SAVF;
i.e. the *SAVF is a generic-value specification on the Object
Attribute (OBJATR) parameter, not a special-value specification.
And rather than defaulting for OBJTYPE(*ALL), probably best [and
conspicuously more accurate] to limit the amount of work for the
Work With Objects Using PDM (WRKOBJPDM) request by paring the
object list-request to solely include only /file/ object Object
Types using OBJTYPE(*FILE).

You point out a difference without distinction. The OBJATR parameter
will find only save files either way. It's not more accurate one way
or the other.

Then of course you can't use 100 words to describe the same thing in
11.

Some may see no difference [likely specifically because the visible effect, at least currently, is always an identical list even if having taken longer to produce that list] whereas others may recognize and appreciate the *distinction* for whatever it is worth to them, both presently [per the means to ensure a more efficient implementation of the request] and into the future [when since, there could have been included new Object Attributes such as DDMSAVF and\or ZIPSAVF for which its inclusion, even possibly as an Object Type other than *FILE, would probably be undesirable].