On 26-Mar-2015 14:43 -0500, Joe Wood wrote:
Another question about DSPDBR showing a dependent logical twice.

Couple of months ago I ran across DSPDBR on a single physical file
that yielded over 20 logicals AND one of those logicals was listed
twice as a Dependent file, same library, same dependency. I'm
unaware on how I could create that situation on purpose...

Files Dependent On Specified File
Dependent File Library Dependency JREF Constraint

We have not run RCLSTG since discovering this, it's not an issue for
us, just an anomaly.

Could be normal, just as could the blank library name, but greater chance of normal persistent visibility, than the blank-library case which is more likely to be temporal.

The example output [although a list showing a duplicate was omitted] indicates that the request was to Display Database Relations (DSPPDBR) with MBR(*NONE) RCDFMT(*NONE) to list the File-Dependency directory. Both Join and Union logical files [DDS LF or VIEW] legitimately can have multiple of the same LF consecutively listed; a DDS Join will have a JREF for the JFILE specifications, whereas a UNION will not [irrespective via multiple PFILE() for a DDS LF or for an SQL VIEW].

While Reclaim Storage (RCLSTG) does perform database directory recovery, I am not sure if an invalid case of an unexpected duplicate would be caught by that processing; i.e. if there is such an error, a different recovery might be required. No matter, the reclaim is not a desirable recovery path, so an alternative should be sought anyhow.